[Qt-interest] How to set up multiplle number of GUI

Ross Bencina rossb-lists at audiomulch.com
Wed Jul 21 19:12:32 CEST 2010

Hi Vijay

Perhaps you have not explained yoru requirements well, but...

For two GUIs yes, you need two top level windows (QWidgets), but you don't need two QApplication instances or two event loops. In Qt the two top level windows can easily share the same QApplication and event loop. In any case, you are only allowed to have one QApplication per process, that can't be avoided.

If you really do need things to be completely separate you could create two separate applications and a third one which launches them.

Ross.