[Qt-interest] Overlay in conflict to QPainter?

unimd at web.de unimd at web.de
Thu Jul 22 11:12:08 CEST 2010

Okay, I found out that QPainter can only be used inside a paintEvent() function or in a function called by paintEvent().

But still I don't understand why Qt provides the function 'void QGLWidget::paintOverlayGL()' if I can't use a QPainter
for 2D stuff inside of this function... I haven't even seen an example using this method at all.

Has anyone used this function so far? Or do you have any suggestions to my problem? Everything will help.

Thanks again,
-kerstin.