[Qt-interest] Qt 4.6.3 SQL examples core dump on solaris

Asa Ben-Tzur asa at jasper-da.com
Thu Jul 22 22:04:53 CEST 2010

Hi Schmidt,

Unfortunately, gdb is failing on this executable/core dump. I am working to get a better gdb installed but it still WIP.
In the mean time, I have found this Qt bug report: http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-11017
I have configured Qt as described in the report (-developer-build is probably the only significant bit), and I got sql examples and my code to work on Solaris.
Note that the orginal bug report is on Sun compiler, but is was reproduces w/ gcc for me (unfortunately).
I will probably try to understand the impact of "-developer-build" and apply the minimal set I can to work around this crash.

Any tips would be helpful.

Thanks  Schmidt and all for your help
   Asa