[Qt-interest] why is QStyle::standardPixmap() deprecated ?

Pritam Ghanghas pritam_ghanghas at infosys.com
Fri Jul 23 08:29:21 CEST 2010

Hi All,

The docs say

<snip>
        Developers calling standardPixmap() should instead call
        standardIcon() Developers who re-implemented standardPixmap()
        should instead re-implement the slot
        standardIconImplementation().
</snip>

Now I have a requirement where I need a pixmap from style (my own style)
and it is not going to have any modes or states.
So according to docs, I still add it to a icon and return the icon.
Later in the application I get the icon and then from icon I get the
pixmap, even though there was only one pixmap to start with.

Am I using it wrong way?
Wasn't standardPixmap() better for such a scenario?

--
Thanks,
Pritam