[Qt-interest] Integrating PyQt into a Python-enabled Qt application

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 28 07:11:57 CEST 2010

I'm looking for advice on a approach to this.  I've not yet attempted
anything.

I currently have a Qt-based application that has Python well integrated
via SWIG.  I'm interested in allowing Python scripts that execute from
within my application to use PyQt for their GUI interfaces.  I can
imagine how this might introduce some difficulties due to each Qt-based
system needing their own event loops.

If the user installs PyQt into the Python Lib folder of my application's
installation, how should I structure or alter my Qt-based binary
application to allow the event loops of one or more PyQt windows to
"piggy-back" on the main thread's Qt event loop?

Has anybody attempted/solved this one already?