[Qt-interest] Regarding accessing QWidgets of an ActiveX object

Santhosh Y santhosh at softjin.com
Fri Jul 30 12:46:39 CEST 2010

Hi,

I had developed an application using QT, which now needs to converted
into a COM Object, so that it can be embedded into another application
which also developed using Qt.

Now to achieve this I used the QAxFactory class and able to create an
out-of-process COM Object and used the QAxContainer to embed this COM
object into the other application. So far so good, I am able to create
the COM object and embed to other application.

Not the tricky part is that I have to remove the QToolBars in my
application and then embed it to other application. I do not know how to
do that.

Kindly let me know, how to pass a QWidget created inside an ActiveX
(COM) object to the calling application.

Y Santhosh Kumar -
Senior Software Engineer,
SoftJin Technologies Pvt Ltd,
www.softjin.com

Business Disclaimer
This e-mail message and any files transmitted with it are intended solely
for  the use  of the  individual or entity  to which they  are  addressed. It
may  contain confidential,  proprietary or legally  privileged  information.
If  you  are  not  the  intended recipient please be advised that you have
received  this  message in error and any use is strictly prohibited. Please
immediately  delete it  and all copies of it from your system, destroy any
hard  copies  of  it and  notify  the  sender  by return mail. You must not,
directly or indirectly, use,  disclose,  distribute, print, or copy any part of
this message if you are not the intended recipient.