[Qt-interest] How to avoid a bug related to keyword "slots" when Cocoa is used

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jul 30 14:46:22 CEST 2010

On Friday 30. July 2010 09.30.03 Roger Bramon Feixas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm building my application and I'm experiencing the same problem reported
> here:
> http://lists.trolltech.com/pipermail/qt-interest/2010-February/018576.html
>
> Th error is:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Headers/CALayer.h:50:
> error: expected unqualified-id before ‘[’ token
>
> I'm only using the Cocoa framework in a subdir. Therefore, I tried to
> add the line: CONFIG += no_keywords in the .pro file of this subdir only.
> However, I'm getting a build error when I'm building with more than one
> core because "no_keywords" is propagated to all subdirs. I took this
> example to define the subdirs in the .pro file of the parent dir:
> http://www.qtcentre.org/wiki/index.php?title=Undocumented_qmake#SUBDIRS_pro
> jects
>
> Is there any way to avoid the propagation?

qmake projects are either subdir or they build something. If you applied the
no_keywords in a subdirs project, it's because you want it to apply to
everything (actually, I didn't know it propagated).

If you want it to apply to one specific project, add the CONFIG line to that
project's .pro file.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358