[Qt-interest] How to avoid a bug related to keyword "slots" when Cocoa is used

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Fri Jul 30 18:58:02 CEST 2010

On Friday 30. July 2010 12.41.51 Roger Bramon Feixas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My application is organized like this:
>
> src -> TEMPLATE = subdirs
>
> |_ core
> |_ inputoutput
> |_ reporter -> I'm using Cocoa Framework, here. I added CONFIG +=
>
> no_keywords, here.
>
> |_ ...
>
> Although, the CONFIG line is in reporter.pro file it's also applied to the
> other subdir's. When I said it's propagated I wanted to say it's also
> applied to other subdir's.
>
> I hope I clarified it.

Thanks Roger, it clarified the issue.

Which in turn leads me to believe that things are working correctly, just not
like you'd expect.

Can you paste in an email the command-line output from make of the file that
failed to compile, as well as the compilation error?

My guess is that no_keywords is applied to the build of 'reporter' only, but
since that one #includes files from 'core', you're getting an error in a file in
core.

To use no_keywords, you MUST always use Q_SLOTS and Q_SIGNALS in all headers
that may get included.
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358