[Qt-interest] Porting a custom input device driver from Qt Embedded to Qt X11

Markus Franke Franke.M at sebakmt.com
Fri Oct 1 15:25:24 CEST 2010

Dear all,

we have a Qt Embedded 3.3.5 based application which we want to port to Qt
X11 3.3.8. Of course there is actually not much work to do apart from
compiling the application against the corresponding libraries.

However, we have a custom input device (rotary encoder) which is controled
via a QWSMouseHandler/libusb based driver. Unfortunately, all QWS classes
don't exist anymore within Qt X11 and so we have to find another approach
how to deal with our input device.

Which is the preferred way to implement a driver for such a device with
the X11 based Qt version? The device is connected via an FTDI chip and the
USB port.

Thanks for any help and with best regards,

Markus Franke
Entwicklung/ Development

SebaKMT
Hagenuk KMT Kabelmesstechnik GmbH
Röderaue 41
01471 Radeburg / Germany
Reg.Gericht (01067 Dresden) HRB 12567
Geschäftsf.: Dr. Max Iann

Phone +49 (0)35208 84 29142
Fax      +49 (0)35208 84 29249

e-mail: franke.m at sebaKMT.com
web: http//www.sebaKMT.com

"Disclaimer: This message is intended only for the use of the individual
or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain information which is privileged,
confidential, proprietary,
or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intended recipient or the person
responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are
strictly prohibited from
disclosing, distributing, copying, or in any way using this message. If
you have received this
communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy and delete
any copies you may have
received."