[Qt-interest] Was this a bug with UI translation ?

Aaron Lewis the.warl0ck.1989 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 3 13:14:02 CEST 2010

Hi,
    I thought this was a bug for Ui created by QtCreator.

    This bug appears when your application handles changeEvent , and
ui did the `retranslation'.

   void changeEvent(QEvent *e) {
        QMainWindow::changeEvent(e);
        switch (e->type()) {
            case QEvent::LanguageChange:
                ui->retranslateUi(this);
                break;
            default:
                break;

    You could try my first application on kde-apps.org

    QCodeCs is a simple app that will do the re-encoding of a
specified document , links here:

    http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=129085
<http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=129085>

    So if you open a document ( first time since QCodeCS runs ) , and
select encodings , and know click on write button, i could see the
textEdit widget flashes , and everything inside it disappears.

    Right , it's weird problem , i began to think why it flashed ,
till now , i found it's problem with UI translations.

    Removing those code make everything fine.

    Could someone jump out and explanation to me about this behaviour
? I'm confused now ...

- --
Best Regards,
Aaron Lewis - PGP: 0xDFE6C29E
Key Server: http://keyserver.veridis.com
Finger Print: 9482 448F C7C3 896C 1DFE 7DD3 2492 A7D0 DFE6 C29E