[Qt-interest] LGPL compliance poll

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Oct 4 10:54:26 CEST 2010

Em Segunda-feira 04 Outubro 2010, às 09:38:46, Kustaa Nyholm escreveu:
> Well, it is no my definition or your definition that counts, in the
> first place it is the definition of FSF that counts and the final word is
> with the court of law. The definition of 'you' is not clearly spelled out
> in the GPL, the only definition they give is: 'Each licensee is addressed
> as "you".' So I guess this would require deeper knowledge of the law to
> know how the word 'you' is construed in these circumstances.

That's the relevant part: licensee. So you must seek in the copyright law
which circumstances trigger the need of a license.

The right hand moving stuff to the left hand doesn't count as licensing.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2010  -  Munich Oct 11-13  -  San Francisco Nov 1-3
For more information and to register: http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2010