[Qt-interest] Qt debug symbols on OS X / configure

James Larcombe james.larcombe at avid.com
Mon Oct 4 19:01:09 CEST 2010

Dair Grant wrote:

> The options we use are:
>
>   ./configure -opensource -confirm-license -cocoa
>               -platform macx-g++42 -arch "x86 x86_64 ppc"
>               -debug-and-release -dwarf2
>               -no-qt3support -no-exceptions
>               -nomake demos -nomake examples
>               -prefix /Developer/Qt/4.7.0
>              -sdk /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk
>
> That builds a set of frameworks that allow source-level debugging
> (when Xcode is set to apply DYLD_IMAGE_SUFFIX=_debug to
> the executable being debugged).

Interesting - we use pretty much those options (not specifying -dwarf2
explicitly, but according to configure that's the default?) but found we
had to build dSYMs manually for each of the Qt frameworks using dsymutil
to get it to work correctly.

Do you get all the *_debug.dSYM files automatically then?

James