[Qt-interest] Minimal Qt/X11 compile

Joshua Grauman jnfo-c at grauman.com
Mon Oct 4 21:21:42 CEST 2010

Hello all,

I'm looking to compile Qt/X11 minimally so as to not include components
that I don't need. Most of the options in 'configure' I know what
enabling/disabling them will do. However, I'm not sure how Qt uses some
libraries and what effect disabling them will have on Qt. I can google the
descriptions of the libraries, yet I still don't know what Qt uses the
library for and what will happen if it is disabled. I could disable them
all, but recompiling lots of times to try to figure out what different
combinations of libraries does to Qt doesn't sound appealing ;) If anyone
can comment what Qt will do differently with the following libraries
disabled, that would be helpful. Thanks!

-no-sm ............. Do not support X Session Management.
-no-xshape ......... Do not compile XShape support.
-no-xvideo ......... Do not compile XVideo support.
-no-xcursor ........ Do not compile Xcursor support.
-no-xfixes ......... Do not compile Xfixes support.
-no-xrandr ......... Do not compile Xrandr (resize and rotate) support.
-no-xrender ........ Do not compile Xrender support.
-no-xinput ......... Do not compile Xinput support.
-no-xkb ............ Do not compile XKB (X KeyBoard extension) support.