[Qt-interest] How to solve the DLL function call problem

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Oct 6 14:45:17 CEST 2010

Em Quarta-feira 06 Outubro 2010, às 14:25:02, Ramesh escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> i have couple of query's with respect to DLL,
>
> 1)If i load the DLL in run time, i guess DLL will be in separate thread
> right?

No, that is not correct. Threads and DLLs have nothing to do with each other.

> 2)If i call a function present in DLL, and that function takes much time to
> return the value then how can i make my application thread to wait till the
> DLL's function return value.

If you call a function, the caller doesn't get control until callee returns.
Therefore your question doesn't make sense.

Either that, or you are doing something more than what you're telling us. As
it stands, the answer is "simply call the function".

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2010  -  Munich Oct 11-13  -  San Francisco Nov 1-3
For more information and to register: http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2010