[Qt-interest] How to solve the DLL function call problem

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Wed Oct 6 15:28:09 CEST 2010

Em Quarta-feira 06 Outubro 2010, às 14:57:55, Ramesh escreveu:
> So one doubt is cleared, I.e function call is synchronous. In DLL function
> I am fetching some value from the device, it takes some time to connect
> and fetch the value, but in the mean time my application doesn’t wait till
> it receives response..
> I want my app to wait till It receives response from device.
>
> I don’t know how to solve this problem.

We don't know what the problem is.

If something doesn't wait, something isn't synchronous.

Function calls are synchronous.

Therefore, it's not the function calls.

If you want our help, we need more information in order to help you. A small
testcase showing the issue would go a long way.

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Qt Developer Days 2010  -  Munich Oct 11-13  -  San Francisco Nov 1-3
For more information and to register: http://qt.nokia.com/qtdevdays2010