[Qt-interest] Qt 4.6.3 Cocoa Mac - QDockWidgets ignoring size hints?

Paul Miller paul at fxtech.com
Fri Oct 8 23:36:41 CEST 2010

On 10/8/2010 4:24 PM, Paul Miller wrote:
> I've set sizeHints on widgets up and down the chain inside some
> QDockWidgets (docked to the left and right side of the window), and
> neither one will obey my size hints (for instance, if I try to make them
> larger).
>
> Same code works as expected on Windows.

More info here. My Central Widget is a QSplitter with two widgets in it,
but one of them is hidden. If I remove the splitter and just put the one
visible widget as the central widget, then my size hints start getting
obeyed. Could the QMainWindow be looking at the size hints of both
splitter children, including the hidden one?