[Qt-interest] How to debug a plugin which extends my Qt application, is the stdout redirected somewhere?

Mauro Brenna malloblenne at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:59:46 CEST 2010

Hello everybody,

my question concerns how to debug my application using QtCreator.
I have just developed a plug-in for my QT application under windows
system (.dll). The main application loads the plug-in in the starting
phase creating a widget in a tab widget. The plug-in makes some
computation, calling a C function, using the input given by the main
application and returns a numeric result.
The plug-in loads correctly and I see the widget but when I use the
button to run the C function fails and crashes.

I noticed that I can't debug the plug-in. When I run the plug-in in
QtCreator in release mode, it opens the main application with the dll
correctly deployed in the Plugins directory. In debug mode It seems to
load the plug-in release dll, and if I delete it it does not load the
plug-in.
In any case, when I tried even the previous time to debug the plug-ins
I cannot reach any breakpoint.
Moreover, it seems that "printf " commands in my C code inside the
plug-in do not show any output in the application output.

How can I debug the plug-in, at least be able to read the "printf"
lines? I tried also to redirect the output in the stderr using fprintf
but I can't see it either.

Thanks in advance for the replies,

Mauro