[Qt-interest] How to control fps in property animation

Lorenzo Marussi info at lorenzomarussi.it
Wed Oct 13 01:48:06 CEST 2010

Il giorno mer, 13/10/2010 alle 01.23 +0200, Thiago Macieira ha scritto:

> On Wednesday 13. October 2010 01.10.57 Lorenzo Marussi wrote:
> > Here:
> > http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2009/02/08/qt-kinetic-hits-plasma/#comment-3314
> > is reported that "Qt has a default animation speed of 40ms (25 fps). "
> >
> > some idea to speed up this value? I need 40fps at least..
>
> The timer is 16 ms these days (60 fps).

yes, you're right
(http://qt.gitorious.org/qt/qt/blobs/4.7/src/corelib/animation/qabstractanimation.cpp / #define DEFAULT_TIMER_INTERVAL 16)

but.. my animation is very simple (it's a rectangle that moves from
right to left), but there are a few istants where it's stop (for a
millisecond),
and the whole effect is not so good.

I tried with different hardware (core i7 + nvidia graphic card at best),
differents CacheMode, setting a QGLWidget viewport

but the animation is never  "smooth"..

any ideas?

Thanks