[Qt-interest] Questions about Nokia Qt SDK

Constantin Makshin cmakshin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 06:40:03 CEST 2010

Hi!

1) Is there any way to tell the Nokia Qt SDK installer not to change .cpp/.h/etc. file associations?
I have MSVC installed and all C++ files are configured to open there, but Nokia Qt SDK installer reassociates them to be opened in Qt Creator. It wouldn't be that bad if there was a way to restore original configuration other than manually editing registry entries (even Nokia Qt SDK uninstaller doesn't restore original configuration leaving broken (for C++ files) and useless (for Qt-specific files, e.g. *.pro) file associations).

2) With MSVC 2008 things were OK, but with MSVC 2010 Nokia Qt SDK maintenance tool insists on MinGW installation because it "can't find a usable compiler". That makes me unable to update Nokia Qt SDK without installing unneeded MinGW. How can I solve this problem?

3) One day Nokia Qt SDK installer started crashing (the infamous "This Program Has Performed an Illegal Operation ..." message) right after being started. I can't say precisely when it broke, so there's no way to tell what change in the system configuration might cause it, but the biggest change between "working" and "broken" installed was migration from MSVS 2008 to MSVS 2010 [Express]. Has anyone experienced similar behavior?

Thank you.