[Qt-interest] GIF and JPG failing under Windows 7

Bob Babcock wssddc at nospam.gis.net
Wed Oct 20 05:31:25 CEST 2010

Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org> wrote in
news:201010190836.18187.thiago at kde.org:

> The qjpeg.dll and qgif.dll plugins might be missing on your Windows
> 7 installation.

Thanks.  I found qjpeg4.dll and qgif4.dll and added them to imageformats
under the application directory.  Then it works.  I didn't know this was
necessary since I haven't needed to do this under XP.  Perhaps having a
build environment setup is enough to let Windows find the dlls.  I'm
surprised I didn't get any dll missing errors.

I've simplified my application install by converting the few gifs I had to
png.