[Qt-interest] GIF and JPG failing under Windows 7

Bob Babcock wssddc at nospam.gis.net
Thu Oct 21 03:52:34 CEST 2010

<Oliver.Knoll at comit.ch> wrote in
news:C10F29AB06447B4881FC0DE1E302E2F206E2C5E410 at sg000036.corproot.net:

> But in general read this: http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/deployment.html
> and specifically
> http://doc.trolltech.com/4.7/plugins-howto.html#locating-plugins
>
> Also in general on Windows "dependency walker" is your friend (part of
> the Windows SDK or freely available here as well:
> http://www.dependencywalker.com/ (it does not help you with plugins
> though, since they are located at runtime using application specific
> logic, e.g. specific plugin directories etc.).

I didn't realize that I was using any plugins; all I did was put an icon on
a toolbar.  I did, by instinct, follow one of the recommendations I now
see in the deployment instructions: try your application on a machine that
doesn't have Qt installed.  I then misinterpreted the cause when it didn't
work, but at least I found the problem before releasing my application.
Thanks for pointing me to the deployment documentation.  I see some things
there I need to study futher.