[Qt-interest] question about qtwebkit

Li Li fancyerii at gmail.com
Fri Oct 22 04:47:58 CEST 2010

hi all,
  I am searching for a method to embed a web browser in java
application. There are a little solutions such as swt which embeds
mozilla firefox by using javaxpcom binding. But new version of
xulrunner seems to be hard supported by javaxpcom. And also webkit is
becoming more and more popular. But there is no easy way to embed
webkit into java in multiple platforms. I accidently found a qt port
of webkit but it is written in c++. Luckily I found qt jambi projects
and it is very active. I want to embed webkit into my java application
which also can manipulate webkit more than navigating web pages, it also
can inspect the dom tree of web page or execute javascripts and many
other things which need advanced api similar to javaxpcom. Because qt
jambi is a java port of qt. So all the interfaces provided by jambi is
implemented
in qt. Has qtwebkit provide enough api for my application? Thank you.