[Qt-interest] special trick needed to get toolbars to show up?

Bob Babcock wssddc at nospam.gis.net
Fri Oct 22 06:13:12 CEST 2010

news:AANLkTi=M-RY_0-zQewu7WQaq5pVTr2pxaJArkFgUesiS at mail.gmail.com:

> I do my initial development using OS X.  I'd never gotten my icons to
> show up on the toolbar in OS X and figured I was doing something
> wrong. I tabled this problem while I attacked higher-priority tasks.
>
> Last week, I got around to building my application on Linux, and on
> Linux, the buttons show up and work properly.
>
> Does adding toolbars to a QMainWindow-derived class just not work on
> OS X, or is there some sort of special dance step it takes to make it
> work?

I'm not a Mac guy, but this sounds exactly like what recently happened to
me under Windows.  I tried my application on a machine other than my
development machine, and toolbar icons that were gif or jpeg images
disappeared, but png images worked.  Turns out I needed to install plugins
on the target machine even though I didn't know I was using plugins. I see
a jpeg image format plugin for Mac mentioned at:
http://doc.qt.nokia.com/4.7/deployment-mac.html