[Qt-interest] QNetworkAccessManager... only 6 requests are executed in parallel

Enrique Cuesta enriquecues at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:45:54 CEST 2010

Hi !
(sorry for my poor english)

I'm developing a Download Manager on QT for Windows.
I want to support multiple connections for a single URL...
but... I have some doubts about how is the best way to accomplish that....

This is QNetworkAccessManager documentation:

One QNetworkAccessManager should be enough for the whole Qt application.

> QNetworkAccessManager queues the requests it receives. The number of
> requests executed in parallel is dependent on the protocol. Currently, for
> the HTTP protocol on desktop platforms, *6 requests are executed in
> parallel* for one host/port combination.

If I create a QNetworkAccessManager for every download... I could only make
6 connections for URL... (I would like at least 12)..
If I want to allow more connections for URL I should create another
QNetworkAccessManager ... is that a good idea? QNetworkAccessManager need a
lot of RAM...

Do you have another idea?

btw...
besides RAM needs, is there any other drawback of using more than one
QNetworkAccessManager in my app?

thank you very much