[Qt-interest] Memory Management in Qt

Konrad Rosenbaum konrad at silmor.de
Tue Oct 26 08:28:41 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 26 October 2010, Ramesh wrote:
> What about the Qlistview and QStandardItemModel object?
> Should I delete them in the destructor of widget? Or any other
> alternative is there for it also?

The listview is owned by its parent widget - you do not need to delete it.

The QStandardItemModel takes an optional first parameter: the parent. If it
has a parent it will be deleted automatically when the parent is deleted. I
usually let models be owned by the same widget as the *view it is used by -
this way they are cleaned up together.

	Konrad