[Qt-interest] Tab Positions QDockWidgets Show/Hide not remembered! Can't get active tab either!

velociraptor Genjix aphidia at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 26 11:43:27 CEST 2010

Hey,

C++ example (run qmake/make):
http://www.qtcentre.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5397&d=1288020905

I'm trying to make a QDockWidget area that rolls in and out when the user mouse-overs.
 To do that I getting all the dock widgets from the window by
window.findChildren<QDockWidget*>() and then doing
w.setVisible(false) on all of them.

Problem is that it has bugs. If you download, build and run the C++
example above then Qt selects the tab position selected before the
current one, and then reselects the last one again and so forth.

 If I try to restore the active tab manually then I run into a problem- QDockWidgets uses QTabBar but they don't use QTabWidget! So how am I
meant to see which QDockWidget belongs to which QTabBar so I can restore
 the state? QDockWidget doesn't use QTabWidget for tabifying itself. Although it DOES use
QTabBar and I'm able to reset the active tab using that (although I have
 no way to confirm which QTabBar belongs to which QTabWidget or if at
all).

What can I do here?