[Qt-interest] processEvents() and reset.

phil prentice philp.cheer at talktalk.net
Fri Oct 29 18:27:32 CEST 2010

Hi
  I have a simple dialog. When you click a button on the dialog a slot is
called that loops around some code performing an action.  I have another slot
that gets called when another button(reset) is pressed on the same dialog.  I
use processEvents() within the loop to catch the reset button being pressed.
This works absolutely fine if I leave the mouse inside of the dialog.  I can
start the loop and reset the loop with no problems.  Its lovely and simple!!!

  Unfortunately I have a problem; if I move the mouse outside of the dialog
and back in...the reset button no longer responds quite so well. I presume
that its got something to do with the focus changing???  But reset is
certainly not quick then...in fact sometimes I cant get it to work at all.

  Is there a quick fix for this?

  or is there another more complex way that I should be implement this
functionality.

Thanks in advance,

Phil