[Qt-interest] OpenGL and SVG in Qt

Nathan Hüsken nathan.huesken at posteo.de
Sat Oct 30 09:31:17 CEST 2010

Hey,

I have a few questions about Qts OpenGL and SVG support:

- I want to load textures, used in different OpenGL windows and/or
QGLWidget. This can be done when creating the context with (under Linux)
glXCreateContext by providing the share parameter with another context.
So can I somehow get the context from a QGLWidget? Can I somehow make
the QGLWidget specify the share parameter when creating its context?

- I want to load a SVG using QtSvg and display in an OpenGL window. If I
understand correctly, this is done over the QPainter interface. Can
QPainter somehow be made to draw (by directing its OpenGL commands) to
my own OpenGL window instead of a QGLWidget?

Thanks!
Nathan