[Qt-interest] Problems using QGraphicsView with a QGLWidget - example fails to run

Mathias Gottschlag mgottschlag at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 12:30:18 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying Qt for a 3D game (with QML for the GUI) but at the moment
face problems even setting up a simple 3D window. Basically I followed
the instructions in http://doc.trolltech.com/qq/qq26-openglcanvas.html
but only got the warning "OpenGLScene: drawBackground needs a QGLWidget
to be set as viewport on the graphics view".

Thinking I might have made a mistake following the instructions I
downloaded the example files, compiled and tried to run them, but ended
up with exactly the same problem (no model in the demo was shown, only
the 2D user interface).

Note that in both cases the QGraphicsView seems to draw garbage at the
edges of the widget, screenshot:
http://simplest-image-hosting.net/jpg-0-plasma-desktopah1912

I use Ubuntu 10.10 with Qt 4.7.1 and the proprietary nvidia driver
installed, OpenGL works for everything else. Is there anything which
could cause such problems then, and if so, where would I have to look
for a solution? Anyone already reported issues like this? Google really
did not help me much.

Thanks in advance,

Mathias Gottschlag