[Qt-interest] NetworkConfiguration bug in qt 4.7 (Maemo)?

Jochen Becher jochen_becher at gmx.de
Sun Oct 31 21:48:31 CET 2010

Indeed, I am using threading.

I assume the missing registration of QNetworkConfigurationPrivatePointer
comes from  plugins/bearer/qnetworksession_impl.cpp. In line 119
QNetwrokConfigurationPrivatePointer is registered - but only if
connection is of type "InternetAccessPoint". On N900 / Maemo the type is
"UserChoice". QNetworkConfigurationPrivatePointer will not be registered
at any other source code location.

I worked around this problem by adding the private header
qnetworkconfiguration_p.h to my project and registering it myself. Thus
the error message is not longer coming.

Unfortunately this doesn't make MovieSchedule more stable on N900. There
are 2 possibilities:

1. Qt 4.7.0 on Maemo has a bug which makes multi-threading or something
else very instable on the device. I will try to get some ARM emulator
running to verify if it is also unstable in a limited emulated
environment.

2. My software has some "race condition" or a similar bug which only
fails on N900 Qt 4.7 but not on Simulator or Desktop Qt. Unfortunately
remote debugging on the device does not working for me so I was not able
to get any hints so far.

Regards, Jochen