[Qt-qml] Possibility of an implementation approach?

Christian Benjamin Ries christian_benjamin.ries at fh-bielefeld.de
Wed Sep 7 15:17:28 CEST 2011

Hello all together!

I rechecherd a little bit and checked out the possibilities of QML, everything sounds nice and easy
to apply. I already checked how I can add an QML declarative object to a GraphicScene and how I
could move them around.

Now I stuck, I've no idea if I can use QML efficiently in my project.

Here a small description of my task:

- I have to create a graphical view of some elements, e.g. a host with included childs like
network-interface cards.

- These hosts could have descriptions for file-shares, and I like to add them to the host on the fly
by a C++-programm, and the view sould be repaint in the QGraphicalView.

- I have seen, that I can add a list<T> in QML, could I add elements to this list by C++? If yes,
could you give me an example or a link to one example?

- Furthermore, when I click a one MouseArea I like to use this click-Signal in my C++-programm, but
there is no available example on the Qt's-website, right?

I really like to use QML, because it could safe a lot of time! Because their is no need to create
items of all elements with a QGraphicsItem based spezialization, and the calculation of all
positions and so on...

I really checked the web and Qt's documentation, but the available examples covers not really an
example how I could do the mentioned implementation things.

Suggestions will be welcome(!)

All the best, Christian