[Qt-qml] Creating single translation file from multiple qml files

Bo Thorsen bo at fioniasoftware.dk
Tue Sep 13 11:37:04 CEST 2011

Den 13-09-2011 10:23, Matti Mäki skrev:
> Hi,
>
> In a meego example of QML localisation[1] lupdate was run with *.qml
> argument. I tried this on my Qt SDK on Win XP, lupdate.exe from Qt 4.7.3
> Desktop:
>
> C:\development\Qt\myproject>
> C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.3\mingw\bin\lupdate.exe *.qml -ts
> qml-translations.en.ts qml-translations.fi.ts
>
> which results in
>
> "lupdate error: File '*.qml' does not exist"
>
> Do I have to create ts-file for each qml separately (35+ files) or is
> there A Better Way(TM)? It might be quite a mess to keep all those files
> up to date during development. It is easy to setup a script for creating
> the ts-files but managing the actual translation work would be a lot
> easier with single file.

You run lupdate with the .pro file as argument. lupdate grabs the list
of files from the pro and pri files directly.

If you use cmake, you have to create a list of the files necessary for
lupdate. You can see an example of doing this in my simple example
application "fseditor" here: http://fioniasoftware.dk/fseditor.html.

If you use something else, you have to do something like the cmake way.

Bo Thorsen,
Fionia Software.

--

Expert Qt and C++ developer for hire