[Qtce-preview-feedback] Pixmap on GraphicsView

Jörg Bornemann joerg.bornemann at trolltech.com
Tue Mar 4 11:48:15 CET 2008

Manoj Agrawal wrote:

> I am simply trying to display a pixmap on GrahpicsView but it shows
> nothing. Please help.

My first guess is that your Qt application can't find the proper plugins
for image formats. So either you should use png pixmaps (which are
directly supported) or you deploy the plugin for the image format you
are using.

For example, if you are using JPEG images you should make sure that the file
<here-resides-qt>\plugins\imageformats\qjpeg4.dll
is available on your device in a subdir named imageformats below your
application directory:
\Program Files\ManojsApp\imageformats\qjpeg4.dll

In the final Qt/WinCE 4.4.0 release we will provide a comfortable way to
deploy Qt plugins. At the moment you have to add something like this to
your .pro file:

wince*: {
     pluginFiles.sources = <here-resides-qt>\plugins\imageformats\qjpeg4.dll
     pluginFiles.path    = \Program Files\ManojsApp\imageformats
     DEPLOYMENT += pluginFiles
}

Hint: in debug mode the plugin names have a 'd' added to their name
(qjpegd4.dll, qgifd4.dll, ...).

Best regards,

Joerg