[Qtce-preview-feedback] Failure to build executables for Windows CE 5.0 / Qt-WinCE-preview-4.4.0

Maurice Kalinowski mkalinow at trolltech.com
Thu Mar 6 15:21:33 CET 2008

Hi,

in case the VSI fixes will not help launching an application, I have
some additional questions to you.
Is there a public available SDK for your device? Using the Standard SDK
for Windows CE 5 might not always be the best solution. On some of our
testdevices we were missing symbols on runtime, while the StandardSDK
has these.

Eg. this is why we removed the aygshell link-time dependency and try to
figure out on runtime, if this library is available.

I have attached a small test application which simply tries to load some
libraries on your device. Simply call 'qmake -tp vc' in the command
prompt and open the generated visual studio project file. After
compilation and deployment you need to manually copy the Qt libraries
into the directory on the device. Then launch the application.
In case it cannot load a lib because of a missing symbol, Visual Studio
should complain about a missing ordinal. Please send us the whole output
of this test application, so that we can investigate a little bit further.

Best Regards,

Maurice Kalinowski

P.S.: We have a new version out (beta1). Please try this one too.