[Qt5-feedback] Moving itemmodels to QtCore

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Mon Jul 4 11:21:57 CEST 2011

Em Monday, 4 de July de 2011, às 10:01:52, Sean Harmer escreveu:
> On Monday 04 July 2011 10:52:47 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > Em Monday, 4 de July de 2011, às 09:30:05, Sean Harmer escreveu:
> > > We have recently had a use case where we would have liked to have used
> > > QSortFilterProxyModel in a non-gui library that is aimed to be used by a
> > > desktop app and a headless app on a server. This is not possible due to
> > > the above being part of QtGUI. We ended up reusing the QSFPM subclasses
> > > in both GUI and headless versions of the apps themselves.
> > >
> > > I would vote for moving the above into QtCore where possible.
> >
> > You can use QtGui in a headless application. Just don't use QApplication.
>
> I know but only if it is on the server and that normally involves pulling
> all of X (even if they are not needed at runtime).

That's a non-issue when discussing Qt5 since QtGui won't link to the X libs
anyway. Only the XCB platform plugin will.

At most, QtGui will link to interesting libs like libpng.

If you don't use QApplication, no QPA platform plugin will be necessary. And
you could even use an ASCII-Art plugin if you wanted:
	https://qt.gitorious.org/~nebulon/qt/nebulons-lighthouse

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358