[Qt5-feedback] Adding better data access method to QAbstractItemModel?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 16:01:53 CEST 2011

Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> Having to touch all dataChanged() receivers looks quite intrusive.
>
> Then don't. Keep source compatibility:
>
> signals:
> dataChanged(QModelIndex, QModelIndex, QSet<int> = QSet<int>());

Indeed, that's what I proposed in my first mail.

What I thought though is that the signature of a function in a SIGNAL macro
must match exactly, but apparently that is not correct. Did that change at
some point?

So then this is not source incompatible at all.

That leaves us back with me asking for objections to making these changes.

I expected someone might make an argument against it for a reason such as
that it adds too many options to what you can implement in QAIM or whatever.
If that's not going to happen that's good.

Thanks,

Steve.