[Qt5-feedback] html5 Qt JavaScript API

Philip Ashmore contact at philipashmore.com
Tue Jul 19 17:40:53 CEST 2011

On 19/07/11 16:04, Philip Ashmore wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> I've started work on a Qt JavaScript API.
> You can see my very early attempts at
> http://www.philipashmore.com/html5/timeline/
If that isn't whacky enough, I already started a thread - in lynx-dev
"html5 canvas support, anyone?"
https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2011-07/msg00000.html

I was talking about implementing lynx (a text-mode web browser) in JavaScript.
Which would mean that you could implement a web browser in html5, if you were so inclined =)

It then occurred to me that a QWidget implementation for text consoles was entirely do-able,
which kinda opens up the door to making Qt/JavaScript a real alternative to (ba)sh scripting.

But to do that properly, it would need to have OS/FS capabilities on a par with Python.
More plugins?

Philip