[Qt5-feedback] The componentization of Qt

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 22:23:02 CEST 2011

I had the joy of downloading the Qt SDK to another computer yesterday.

A couple things struck me. The Symbian take way to long to install.
But then I found myself needing the QtService add-in for a small (10 line) Qt project.

Then I got to thinking. It was probably going to be a bugger of a time. Sure enough, the Qt Solutions page takes you to the git page for it. So now I have to git it or grab the master zip (and the full master - not just the one solution I need)

Whereas I noticed the Qt SDK updater... I was hoping it could be leveraged kind of like a component gett/builder as well, so I could jsut go into it and hit a check box...

The same thing would go for QtMobility, Qt MultimediaKit, etc.