[Qt5-feedback] "Lion" features

BRM bm_witness at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 21 22:25:07 CEST 2011

From: Charley Bay <charleyb123 at gmail.com>

While I won't speak as to whether this should be in Qt5 or not, I would suggest that such things where possible be integrated in three stages:

1. Outside Qt
2. As an Add-on
3. If enough demand, integrated as a Qt Module

The delineation between add-on and module can be pretty blurry and probably is more a matter of whether it is packaged with Qt directly or not.
Either way, the above provides a nice path for adding new functionality and APIs. Obviously some may not necessarily follow that kind of path if #3 is high enough to start with.

$0.02

Ben