[Qt5-feedback] Are bugs fixed in Qt 5 now WONTFIX for Qt 4?

Samuel Rødal samuel.rodal at nokia.com
Thu Jul 28 10:21:02 CEST 2011

On 07/25/2011 10:03 AM, ext Stephen Kelly wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm interested in the response here:
>
> https://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-16192?focusedCommentId=159704
>
> which I found to be very interesting, as no one knows when Qt5 will actually
> get out the door or be useful in the real world.
>
> Should I understand that bugs in Qt 4 are already now WONTFIX if they are
> not reproducible in Qt5, from the Nokia POV (opengov aside)?
>
> Is that something that depends on the module, eg, true for QtDeclarative,
> but not for QtCore for example?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve.

I don't see why high priority Qt 4.x bugs shouldn't still be fixed in Qt
4.8.x if possible, even if they're not reproducible in Qt 5. Although,
if fixing it would require big design changes or new API, I can
potentially see why it would be closed.

I don't really think it's module dependent (apart from taking the module
maturity level into account when deciding on priorities).

--
Samuel