[QtonPi] [Announcement] QtonPi - 0.1 released

rajiv.ranganath at nokia.com rajiv.ranganath at nokia.com
Thu Apr 12 19:49:42 CEST 2012

Hi All,

On behalf of QtonPi contributors, I'm happy to announce that we've
released 0.1 version of QtonPi platform today.

You can find download instructions here,

http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Download

We invite your participation and contributions to QtonPi project. Kindly
please use QtonPi JIRA [1] to report bugs on this release.

As indicated in our roadmap [2], pre 1.0 releases will be based on,

* Base Layer

 - Fedora RPM Packages plus some additional Raspberry Pi specific
   packages

 - Linaro GCC 4.5.4 toolchain

 - QtonPi image creator and sysroot tools

* Middleware

 - Documentation on how to get toolchain + sysroot + Qt Creator working
   to Develop Apps

 - Qt 5 running on full-screen EGFS mode

You can find all of the above in the release.

For getting started instructions on QtonPi, please go here,

http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Create#QtonPi_App_SDK

We've currently included a pre-alpha release of Qt 5. We'll shortly
update this release with Qt 5 alpha.

Also this release took a few weeks longer than expected as we were
figuring out how to get our release posted on Raspberry Pi Foundation
servers.

Best,
Rajiv

[1]  http://wiki.qt-project.org/QtonPi/Collaborate#Bug_Reports_.2F_Feature_Requests