[QtonPi] To people receiving their devices and hungry to build their own Qt5 for it

Jeff Mitchell qt at jefferai.org
Wed Apr 25 18:51:17 CEST 2012

On 04/24/2012 07:32 PM, Donald Carr wrote:
>> I wonder how do you attach a touch display to it, excuse my ignorance! :-p
>
> You plug it in! The touch screen clearly needs to have kernel drivers
> and be conformant to whatever multi-touch evdev level standards exist.
> We then need to establish whether any of the existing multi-touch
> drivers drag us any portion of the distance towards usability, or
> whether we have to effectively write these lighthouse plugins from
> scratch.
>
> Any suggestions as to affordable standards compliant
> touchscreens/input devices will be met with gratitude and possibly
> even with device support.

A number of monitors are supported using the DisplayLink driver, for
which there is an open-source version -- see
http://libdlo.freedesktop.org/wiki/.

There's also a (probably non-exhaustive) list at the top of
usbtouchscreen.c:

http://lxr.free-electrons.com/source/drivers/input/touchscreen/usbtouchscreen.c?a=arm

Some of these are even affordable.

There are also some proprietary drivers out there.

I haven't used any of these personally, but I've seen them in use -- so
I know it can be done.

--Jeff