[QtonPi] Got it!

Gustavo Boiko gustavo.boiko at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 21:20:53 CEST 2012

Hi Anderson

Em 01/08/2012, às 15:32, Anderson Lizardo escreveu:

> Hi Gustavo,
>
> On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:16 PM, Gustavo Boiko <gustavo.boiko at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Got mine here in Brazil, but with a bill of U$ 75 for importing taxes and duties :(
>
> In which estate? What was the declared value by UPS?

In Paraná. So, the declared value is 0, but there is an AWB value of U$ 53.49

> I'll probably have to pay a similar value because I heard 100% of
> equipment delivered by shipping companies are held by customs for
> clearance :(

In this case, UPS was asked to pre-pay the taxes and then ask the destinatary to reimburse that, so it for sure will go through customs clearance.

> Anyway, good to see Brazilian guys receiving the RPi, I was afraid it
> would take longer due to strikes.

Yes, it was good to receive it, but not good to pay 3 times the item value just on taxes :(

Cheers

Boiko