[QtonPi] Qt5 on raspberian

Alex Bradbury asb at asbradbury.org
Tue Aug 7 11:24:10 CEST 2012

On 7 August 2012 10:07, Douglas Gore <doug at ssonic.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just took delivery of my Pi (I'm in Wales, UK) and I'm keen to get on with
> my Qt based ideas. I've had some success with the earlier version of Wheezy
> that came with the qt50-snapshot package that worked really well.
>
> Are there plans to provide a Qt5 package on Raspbian like on the earlier
> Wheezy distro?
>
> I will investigate using QtOnPi again but as the distro is very bare bones I
> need to get the remote dev tools up and running first.

I recommend against QtOnPi which is dead - qt5 on the armel wheezy
release is more recent. I would love to see Qt5 on armhf (Raspbian),
but don't have the time right now to look into it myself.
The...changes...at Nokia have messed things up a little bit, but all
you need to compile qt5 should be there if you're willing to dig in to
the build system a little bit. http://qt-project.org/wiki/RaspberryPi
is a good starting point.

Alex