[QtonPi] I done gone murdered the original qtonpi documentation

Donald Carr sirspudd at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 23:09:01 CEST 2012

As pointed out by many people:

http://qt-project.org/wiki/Qt-RaspberryPi

was looking awfully stale and I adjusted the links to reflect the
current state of reality.

Basically, QtonPi was ambitious and required some additional Nokia
resources. The people actually adjusting Qt to the pi, namely myself,
Girish and Johannes had the loosest affiliation with the QtonPi
effort. We found that the Wheezy maintainer was actually pretty damn
agreeable, was more than happy to roll Qt build requirements into the
official image and was every bit as eager as us to see Wayland be
paraded in all its glory.

In any case, the crux:

1) Qt 5 ran nicely on the pi as of 8 weeks ago
2) I am going to make it run nicely again right now
3) Use the Rasbian image linked to off the main raspberry pi blog
4) Any help will be appreciated

We have:

1) Wayland support
2) QtMultimedia working (Not to texture since there were too many
copies, but full screen overlay)
3) Accelerated mouse cursor

We lack:

1) Hardware decoding of images
2) Raspberry pi specific scenegraph tweaks

It runs pretty damn gloriously, and entirely justifies the adjustments
we made in the move from Qt 4 to Qt 5.

Qt 5 + your pi is actually a damn useful combination.

Yours sincerely,
Donold