[QtonPi] How to start developing Qt Apps for the RaspberryPi?

Felipe Crochik qt-project at b2-4ac.com
Sat Aug 11 01:08:15 CEST 2012

Let me start by stating the obvious: the instructions on
http://qt-project.org/wiki/RaspberryPi went way over my head! :(

Hopefully I am not the only one and either someone has already written a
document with all the answers to my questions or someone else will benefit
from me writing one (assuming that I will find the answers).

Can we put together a "getting started" page (if there isn't one)  with the
answer to these questions:

1. How can I start without having to build Qt5?
QtonPi have been abandoned. Few days ago there was a page explaining how to
extract from the "image" all the tools (app-sdk, toolchain, ...) to be able
to build qt5 apps for the raspberry using Qt Creator. Is there anything
similar for the "wheezy"?
I would like to build my Qt5 from scratch but being able to build a few
applications and see them running on the raspberry pi is the motivation I
need ....

2. Is that possible to compile qt applications on the RaspberryPi? Are
there any packages available? I installed the qt5-snapshot but it does not
include the "bin" folder.

3. (Bonus) Can I get a "qml application" running by itself without LXDE?
How can I accomplish this?

Thanks,
Felipe