[QtonPi] Qt5 QtMultimedia QML on Pi

Michal Lazo michal.lazo at mdragon.org
Wed Aug 15 21:03:01 CEST 2012

Hello
I just did working solution on rapsbian :)
Qt5 native build on rapsberry pi with distcc on 5 machines in qemu
It is pretty "fast". Cross compilation is faster but you don't need to
solve all problems
I didn't build qt webkit :) as it wasn't simple qmake and make -j 6
I don't understand why it need something special

gstreamer is fine from rapsbian repo.
guys from maemo remove all gstreamer debugs log in maemo packages
but logging is pretty useful for developing on pi

openmax in gstreamer
there is working patch gst-omx for rapsberry pi
http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=6852

And after all of this you will have working
gstreamer(with openmax) -> qt multimedia -> Qt5 with QML

40% cpu time for simple QML mediaplayer
with PAL MPEG4 AVC video(openmax) + AAC audio(soft. decoded)

We can do it better with EGL way

I am going to play with qtmediahub as it will be nice to have
something better than XBMC :)
But most of skins are 720p and our rapsberry have only 256MB RAM

--
Michal Lazo
+420 776 691 692
michal.lazo at mdragon.org