[QtonPi] Raspbian image with Qt5

Daniel Bittencourt danielcbit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 04:49:09 CEST 2012

Hi Everybody.

Now you can download the image and the qmake + mkspecs (for x86_64 machine)
directly from :

http://rasppi.linux4us.org/2012-08-16-wheezy-raspbian.img.tar.gz
http://rasppi.linux4us.org/2012-08-16-wheezy-raspbian.img.tar.gz.md5sum
http://rasppi.linux4us.org/qt5pi.tar.gz
http://rasppi.linux4us.org/qt5pi.tar.gz.md5sum

All this thanks to Wesley Chong, who was kind enough to provide hosting for
these files.

The steps to get from zero to start building your projects to the Raspberry
are:

1- Mount the raspbian image in /mnt/rasp-pi-rootfs
2- mkdir /opt/toolchains
3- Extract the gcc toolchain to /opt/toolchain/gcc-4.7-linaro-rpi-gnueabihf
4- Extract qt5pi.tar.gz to /usr/local
5- Configure toolchain in QtCreator
6- Configure Qt version in QtCreator. (I'm using QtCreator 2.5.2)

If some one is interested, we can start thinking of a QtonPi SDK just like
the Necessitas SDK or the original QtSDK.