[QtonPi] Fwd: Volunteer wanted for generating Qt 5 binaries for Raspbian

Laszlo Papp lpapp at kde.org
Sat Sep 29 20:35:49 CEST 2012

> I have only looked at them briefly, but the packaging you've done for
> Harmattan looks good. However I don't see how they can be used for
> cross-compiling right now, maybe you have some insight there? When/if
> we get an OBS set up that has a Raspbian target they will be ideal
> however! Or for building native on target, which will be quite slow
> though and maybe not possible for nightly builds unless we can get
> some nice solution with distcc and maybe faster ARM-boards running
> raspbian. I hope to be able to look in to different solutions soon,
> any input from others are very welcome.

You can use the rpi mkspecs file for that instead of the Harmattan and
it should work for cross compilation in my opinion. We are also now in
the process of making the cross and native compilation differences
invisible in the Qt Project.

http://lists.qt-project.org/pipermail/development/2012-September/006690.html

> I don't think we can get a public OBS going any time soon, so we would
> probably have to just publish the generated .debs from the OBS. We
> would however share all information on how to set up the OBS so that
> the same could be done in a public OBS making it easier for everyone
> to contribute, preferably using some kind of Open Governance.

Agree. :-) I think many people would like to have an open process even
if the short-term has a compromised solution. The community would need
a build farm for starting this. Can we get such a donation for the
community from somewhere?

Laszlo