[Qtwebengine] Some questions about porting from QtWebkit

Adrian Batzill dev at batzill.com
Tue Sep 9 15:58:22 CEST 2014

Hello,
I'm currently trying to port my application from QtWebkit to
QtWebEngine. I've sorted out the basics, but there are some problems
that remain and that I can't seem to find a solution to. Therefore I
hope someone here can help me.

a) How can I change the user agent for QtWebengine (at runtime)? The old
"userAgentForUrl" method doesn't seem to work any more.
b) QWebkit WebViews have been independent, which means, that when having
multiple WebViews in one application, they had no shared data (except
for the cache AFAIK). E.g. cookies were not shared. I do rely on this
behaviour and wonder if this is possible in QtWebEngine aswell (It was
even possible to set a different proxy for each WebView)?
c) How can I handle SSL errors when they occur?
d) QWebkit was able to disable plugins (e.g. flash). Is something like
this possible in QtWebEngine?
e) How can I provide a Javascript error console? QWebPage had a
"javaScriptConsoleMessage" method that could be used. But
QtWebEnginePage?
f) How can I set a network proxy (Socks 5) in QtWebEngine?

I think these are all remaining problems I have right now.

Thanks for the time,
Adrian